Sunday 20 May 2007

Training update

This is just an update saying where I am at with some things. Firstly, I'll talk about my planche (muscle-up kind). I managed to get either 10 or 11 getting the dip of both arms simultaneously yesterday. I wasn't counting and just going until failure. Joe told me he counted and said it was either 10 or 11.

Next time I try planche until failure, I am not going to focus on getting my arms together. I am just going to see how many times I can get from a hang to my waist. I have been focusing the last few months on getting muscle-ups with my arms together consistently so that my muscles would build equally on either side. But after watching Alex get 20 muscle ups and Blane get 21 muscle ups, I am going to see how well I can do, just trying to get on top of the bar. I don't expect to get more than 15.

My handstands are now starting to improve quite quickly. I am starting to hold them for around 10-15 seconds on quite a regular basis. They still need a lot of work, but I am happy with the rate they have so far improved. I am also getting much closer to nailing a tuck planche-handstand. I hope to get this by mid-June. It will be difficult, but the goal-setting will push me harder.

I will post again soon, showing clips of progress.

Peace!

1 comment:

Leicester Parkour Association said...

Yo.

Your muscle ups are consistently 'arm together' from what I've seen dawg. Gooooood work!

Your tucked planche/handstand progress seems to be going very well from what I've noticed too! Keep it up pal!

Yosef